Thursday, June 13, 2013

What To Expect As a First-Time Soccer Mom

Today I have an article on familyshare.com about our first experience with our kids playing soccer this spring - What to Expect as a First-Time Soccer Mom. If you haven't been to familyshare.com yet you should check it out. It's an awesome website with great resources for families.



This spring, my 5-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter played on soccer teams for the first time. If you haven’t had the experience of watching young children play soccer before, trust me it is entertaining and sometimes quite hilarious to watch.

Last Saturday was their final game. Following their games, it was very cute to see both children receive their Valuable Player trophies with such pride. As I watched my little ones walk back to the car, trophies and team pictures in hand, I thought I noticed a bit of newfound confidence in their steps. They were soccer players and had actually received an award for it. It was good for them to have the experience of playing on a team and feeling accomplishment from it, regardless of their skill. I chalked up our first go at soccer as a successful one.

Yes, the experience was a fun one. But of course, as in any experience, there are lessons to be learned along the way. Here are some valuable ones I learned this season which will most likely be the first of many soccer seasons to come:

Read the rest of the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment